Saturday, May 21, 2011

These Are The Days

Today, the supposed end of the world, a particularly apocalyptic-themed song was stuck in my head. I only knew one line until I looked up the rest of the lyrics just now and had to chuckle at the irony. "These, these are the days that must happen to you" danced in and out of my head all day.

"These are the days...." I said to myself in a sigh of relief last week, when the sun was out and the kids played outside, when I was productive, patient, accessible. When the babies slept not like babies but more like logs and ate what I put in front of them. These are the days being a mother is so easy.

And "These are the days...." I thought to myself yesterday, when it rained all day, the toddlers were underfoot and vied for my attention, watched too many movies and ate too many crackers. I was tired, short-tempered, and feeling defeated. These are the days I think, "I cannot possibly have any more children". These are the days that feel a little like the end of the world.

They aren't. "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet".

I have been collecting thoughts all winter, and I'm excited to come out of hibernation and share them with you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear your thoughts...meant what I said...you have a lot of great thoughts to share!

    I agree with you too...and then someday we'll be saying, those were the days - back when a cracker and a movie might pacify them and we always knew right where they were - underfoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Julie; can't wait to hear your thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete